When it comes to monitoring heart rate, a smartwatch may not record accurate heart rate information. As smartwatches are multi-purpose devices, you might not want to fully rely on a watch that is made to perform a wide variety of tasks.
That’s where heart rate sensors like Polar H10 come in.
Many athletes prefer Polar H10 heart rate sensors because they offer more accurate readings than any other type of monitor.
It does stick to your chest, unlike wristbands or smartwatches, but is more focused to produce accurate heart rate insights. One of the reasons, why they are considered more accurate than wrist-based monitors.
Even more fascinating, When you pair your Polar H10 with your watch, you’ll have easier access to the Polar H10 data from your wrist. However, there is no official document on what watches are compatible with the polar H10 sensors.
In this post, we’ll explore the complete list of watches that are compatible with Polar H10. But before that, let’s know which type of watches support the Polar H10 sensor?
Watch’s Requirement for Polar H10 Compatibility
A regular Bluetooth-enabled watch will not work with the Polar H10.
The polar H10 heart rate sensor uses ANT+ technology & Bluetooth Host Mode, which makes it universal and compatible with all devices. Your watch must have either ANT+ or Bluetooth Host Mode connectivity to support Polar H10.
That’s a reason why the most popular wearable such as Fitbit, Amazfit, Mi, etc., is not compatible with Polar H10.
What is ANT+ technology?
ANT+ is a set of wireless protocols that allow fitness accessories such as heart rate sensors to communicate with sports watches and other fitness devices. ANT+ chips are included in some sports watches, but most have them as an external accessory.
What is Bluetooth Host Mode / Smart Bluetooth?
Bluetooth Host Mode quite works differently in comparison to regular Bluetooth. It provides a way for your watch to be a gateway for other devices by letting users pair their watch with external accessories (like earbuds, heart rate sensors) and use the watch to connect to the device.
Let’s look at the list of watches that are compatible with Polar H10.
List Of Polar H10 Compatible Watches (Most Popular)
Compatible Models: Grit X, Ignite, Ignite 2, Unite, Vantage M, Vantage M2, Vantage V, Vantage V2, A300, M400, M430, M450, M460, V800, A360/A370, M200, and M600.
Polar watches are compatible with the Polar H10 chest straps. It receives data from the chest strap using Bluetooth Host Mode & ANT+ capabilities and shows you real-time heart rate, training status, and training load.
How to Pair Polar H10 to Polar Watches:
- To pair Polar H10 with your Polar Watch, you need to moisten the heart rate sensor strap and wear the sensor. (Highly Recommended)
- Open your Watch’s Settings > General Settings > Select “Pair & Sync”
- You will need to touch your Polar watch to Polar H10, then wait for it to be found.
- Tap on “Pair sensor or other device” option.
- After it finds your device, select to pair. And its done!
(Above process works perfect for Grit X, Ignite, Ignite 2, Unite, Vantage M, Vantage M2, Vantage V, Vantage V2)
For others, you’ll first need to enter Pre-training mode. Here’s what to do:
- M400/M430//M460/V800: press START in time view.
- A370: tap TRAINING.
- M200: press and hold the RIGHT button.
- M600: press the front button, tap TRAINING.
Compatible Models: Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, Series 6, Series 7, and Watch SE. The majority of Apple Watch models are compatible with the Polar H10 sensor.
Apple Watch lineups are compatible with Polar H10. However, Apple Watch does not support ANT+ but uses Bluetooth Host Mode to connect external accessories.
How to Pair Polar H10 with Apple Watches:
- To pair Polar H10 with your Apple Watch, you need to moisten the heart rate sensor strap and wear the sensor. (Highly Recommended)
- On your apple watch, Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Search for Polar H10.
- Under health devices, you’ll see the sensor – if this is your first time connecting the two, it will say not paired.
- Tap the button saying “not paired”, and the watch should pair.
- On successful pairing, flashing green light on the underside of the watch will go off as the watch is pairing with the chest monitor.
Compatible Models: Ambit, Ambit 2, and Ambit 2S.
Suunto watches are compatible with the Polar H10 sensor for continuous, accurate heart rate readings during training. For connectivity, It mainly uses ANT+ technology to pair external accessories such as earbuds and HR sensors.
How to Pair Polar H10 to Suunto Watches:
- To pair Polar H10 with your Suunto Watch, you need to moisten the heart rate sensor strap and wear the sensor. (Highly Recommended)
- Hold the button on the right to enter settings.
- Go to Pair > Select “HR Belt.”
- Keep your Polar H10 close to your Watch when pairing.
Compatible Models: Forerunner Series, Venu Series, Enduro, Fenix Series, Instinct Series, Vivoactive Series, Vivosmart Series, Vivosport Series, and more.
Garmin watches are compatible with a range of fitness equipment, including the polar H10 sensor, letting you easily track your workout using real-time stats on your wrist. For connectivity, Garmin pairs external accessories via ANT+ and Bluetooth Host Mode.
As the majority of Garmin support ANT+, Polar H10 can be connected to almost any of these watches. Check out the Garmin models list on the ANT+ directory page.
How to Pair Polar H10 to Garmin Watches:
- To pair Polar H10 with your Garmin Watch, you need to moisten the heart rate sensor strap and wear the sensor. (Highly Recommended)
- To Enable ANT+, Open Polar Beat App > Settings > HR Sensor > Enable ANT+.
- Now on your watch, Open Settings > Sensors and Accessories > Add New Device > Start Searching.
- When found, tap on the device to pair.
Compatible Models: Pace, Pace 2 Premium GPS Watch, Vertix, Vertix 2, Apex, and Apex Pro.
Coros Wearables are compatible with the Polar H10 sensor. For connectivity, Coros pairs external accessories via ANT+ and Bluetooth Host Mode.
How to Pair Polar H10 to Coros Watches:
- To pair Polar H10 with your Coros Watch, moisten the heart rate sensor strap and wear the sensor. (Highly Recommended)
- Press the digital button on your Coros.
- Go to System > Accessories. You will find both Bluetooth and ANT+ options.
- Polar H10 supports both ANT+ and Bluetooth, so you can choose either one.
- Find the nearby Polar H10 & Pair It. And done!
More Polar H10 Compatible Watches
|HEALTH & LIFE CO., LTD.||FitSignal Sport Watch HL310|
|SIGMA SPORT||iD.Free, iD.TRI|
|PAPAGO!||GOLiFE GoWatch X-PRO, GoWatch 820i, GOLiFE RUN 120+, GoWatch770|
|Timex||Ironman Run Trainer GPS HRM|
|Leikr||Leikr GPS Sports Watch|
|Geonaute||Keymaze Quechua 700 Trail, ONmove 500, ONmove 700|
|Beurer||PM70, PM80, PM90|
|SHO-U||Ranger Watch W-10|
|GoldTek||Sport Watch (Android / iOS)|
|Epson||WristableGPS SS-500, WristableGPS SS-700|
More Related Posts