Saying goodbye to your old Fitbit can be both upsetting and curious at the same time. You may wonder whether you can use your old Fitbit watch strap collection with the new one.
I was in a dilemma when purchasing a brand-new Fitbit because I didn’t want to lose my collection of sixteen different watch straps to no use. Luckily, with research, I discovered which Fitbit bands are interchangeable with which Fitbit model.
In this guide, I have shared detailed information on the most commonly asked question – “Are Fitbit Watch Bands Interchangeable?”
Let’s dive in!
Are Fitbit Watch Bands Interchangeable?
Fitbit watch bands are designed to fit a specific size and shape of the watch, so they are usually not interchangeable. However, there are some models whose watch bands can fit with a few specific models. Let’s understand this with an example.
For example, you can interchange your Fitbit Versa watch band with Fitbit Versa 2, but sadly, Versa 3 won’t be compatible. Because the Versa 3 model uses the new infinity bands which are not the same bands used for Versa and Versa 2.
A major reason why most of these bands cannot be interchanged is because of the size, shape, and type. There are also times when identical-sized watch bands will not even fit on watches with a similar configuration. Typically, this happens due to various locking mechanisms used in watch-to-watch.
For instance, as we discussed, Versa 3 bands cannot be swapped for Versa 2 bands regardless of their 20mm size since Versa 3 uses infinity bands, which are only suitable for Fitbit watches with quick-release systems.
Interchangeable Fitbit Watch Bands Chart
|Fitbit Watch Model||Band Interchangeable With|
|Fitbit Versa||Versa 2, Versa Lite|
|Fitbit Versa 2||Versa, Versa Lite|
|Fitbit Versa Lite||Versa, Versa 2|
|Fitbit Versa 3||Sense|
|Fitbit Sense||Versa 3|
Are all Fitbit Versa Bands the Same?
All Fitbit Versa series watch bands are not the same. However, some Versa uses the same wristbands while others use completely different ones.
For instance, the bands of Versa, Versa 2, and Versa Lite are only interchangeable, but Versa 3 bands use a completely different mechanism, which is only interchangeable for Fitbit watches with quick-release systems.
- Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, and Versa Lite watch bands are the same.
- Fitbit Versa 2, and Sense watch bands are the same.
Are all Fitbit Charge Bands the Same?
All Fitbit Charge fitness tracker bands are not the same. However, some trackers use the same wristbands while others use completely different ones.
- It is possible to interchange the bands between Fitbit Charge 2, Classic, and Charge 2 SE as they use the same band configuration.
- The Fitbit Charge 4, Charge 3, and Charge 3 SE use the same band configuration, so they can all be interchangeable with each other.
|Fitbit Charge Models||Band Interchangeable With|
|Fitbit Charge 2||Charge 2 Classic, Charge 2 SE|
|Fitbit Charge 3||Charge 4, Charge 3 SE|
|Fitbit Charge 3 SE||Charge 3, Charge 4|
|Fitbit Charge 4||Charge 3, Charge 3 SE|
Note: Fitbit Charge 5 watch bands are not interchangeable.
Suitable WristBands for Your Fitbit
The bands that come with Fitbit may be a bit lackluster at times. Following are some recommendations for you to consider when seeking a Fitbit replacement watch band:
Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, Versa 3 and Versa Lite
- Silicone Bands: Simple but attractive, the silicone band is made of a lightweight, sweat-repellent material. It has a stainless steel buckle, easy to adjust and comes in a variety of colors.
- Woven Reflective: This band makes you clearly visible at night, thanks to the reflective strip that runs through the middle of it.
- Nylon: These watch bands can be adjusted easily and come in a variety of colors. It’s soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear.
- Fabric: It’s a more classy material than silicone, and you can wear it to the office or out on the town.
Fitbit Charge 2, Charge 3 and Charge 4
- Silicone Band With Case: This silicone band is soft and cozy, with a cover that protects your Fitbit Charge from a variety of daily wear and tears.
- Stainless Steel: Adding metal bands to your Fitbit Charge can give it a professional, classy appeal.
- Woven Bands: These bands are made of premium material with moderate durability and softness. It is lightweight, breathable, and doesn’t add bulk to your wrist.
Read More On Fitbit